Saturday, April 7, 2012

Beth's Main Street Folkart Presents: "A Lady's Pocket" 3-Day Workshop

Several years ago while visiting The American Folk Art Museum in New York City, I fell in love with Lady's Pockets... I saw them repeatedly at Revolutionary re-enactments, Textile Exhibits, Antique & Quilt Shoppes, Shows and in Old Publications... I had to start a new Collection... I went to the library, surfed the internet and read everything I could about them. I made my yearly Pilgrimage to "WORKT by HAND" in Tipp City Ohio and saw Lanna Omlor's Hooked "Lady's Pocket" lkomlor@neo.rr.com that she carries her Rug Hooking Projects in; and that's when it hit me... I have to teach a Class/Workshop on these... Her Pocket inspired me to the point of sleep deprivation... I also discovered that Kindred Spirits http://alistrebeldesigns.com/ put out a Pattern Booklet on Pockets... shocked that I didn't already have that Pattern in my Collection, Ali Strebel handed me a copy and I asked if I could use it during the workshop and she said, "Yes"! Since then I have designed several different patterns, all different sizes that you can Rug Hook, Oxford Punch, Applique, Punch Needle Embroider, Stitch, Quilt or Paint... All of my Samples are being worked up with the help of my Granny Bee's & Talented Folk Artists... I will be unveiling ALL of my Designs at The Workshop and throughout the year at Shows and on my Etsy site...

The Workshop is August 23, 24, & 25, 2012 in Kokomo Indiana and includes (3) three days of History, (2) Pocket Kits that you will be Stitching, Appliqueing & Embellishing. We will then Hook a Large Pocket (3- Kit choices will be available, includes Pattern on Linen & Wool) and then we'll discuss how to finish it ...
The Bittersweet Cabin will be Open & Dressed for the Season and the Gardens will be in full bloom and ready for you to sit & hook or stitch in...
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to experience the first of many workshops celebrating "Handwork in History"
Lunches, Snacks, Coffee & Tea will be provided...

3-Day Workshop Fee: $ 285.00
Terms: Checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal


Contact: Beth Notaro 765-236-1000 to Pre-Register
Bethsmnstfolkart@gmail.com
Bethsmnstfolkart@aol.com






No comments: