Sunday, August 26, 2012

Handwork in History...

We just finished up our 3-day Study of a Lady's Pocket Workshop... The 2nd in my "Handwork in History" series... The Students actually made (3) three different pockets and reproduced items to go in them... We worked with many different types of threads, fibers & fabrics and they had a History lesson too! Yesterday, they began Hooking & Appliqueing their Largest Pocket that we'll finish at one of our "HUSWIF" Gatherings... Here are a few pictures... and we had a surprise visitor... My Mama... I think I'm going to convince her to become a "Hooker" Yay!



Kathy using her freezer paper for her pieces...

Linda, straightening out my primitive pattern...


Kathy's pieces placed...





Letty's Bird Beginnings...

 Deb's Bird...

Beth P.'s Bird with tear drop coils

 Deb's Beading...

 Ooh la, la... Beth P.


 Corene's Log Cabin Pocket beginnings..




and here's my Mom, Nancy... Hooking her B-day Present... Minick & Simpson's Christmas Stocking...I'm so proud...finally, I dragged her to the dark side....



  Sabra and her "Peace Bag" beginnings...another beginner...

4 comments:

Reality Jayne said...

I love them all....Your Mom does look like she likes the hook thing.
The classes are always welcome at the shop...

Granny Bee said...

Thank you Mandy.... I really appreciated you letting me use your wonderful shop!

grandma peden's porch said...

Looks like you had an excellent weekend.

Bee Lady said...

Everyone looked like they were having such a good time when I stopped by. The projects look great. I don't think I'd be announcing to the world that I want my Mom to be a hooker though, Granny Bee

Cindy Bee